Saturday, September 23, 2017

Men with miles



About a year ago I wrote about "ACT YOUR AGE MAN CANDY" giving a nod to some men women don't mind dreaming about.  

Idris Elba

Sadly, the Hunkster Hubster and I finished our binge watching of "The Wire" from HBO - a series that came out in 2004, and re-released lately.  I highly recommend watching it.  Superb plot, artful acting, human interest and hard to let go.

As with Act your Age, Ildris Elba is noteworthy as he was a leading character in the series, 13 years ago, as he is today.

The difference being, he has a few more miles on him. 

What hasn't changed is his ability to make the ladies swoon and the guys buckle up. 


Granted, I would be accused of "robbing the cradle" with Idris because he is only 45.   Since I'm happily married to my own Hunkster Hubster,  this is for the gals of all ages and all locales.

I began my mission:  who else?
There are likely a few more scrumptious fellows that are worthy of the ladies to get aflutter over or dream about.  Let's meander about which men get our heart pulsating and smiles from the heart.


Dominic West
Continuing on my "The Wire" rave, Dominic is brilliant as a Baltimore detective who is battling his own demons:  alcoholism (he portrays the best "drunk" I've ever seen) and faithfulness (you have to chuckle at the scene where he is undercover at a brothel, and is suppose to "act" like he is a John.)



Lately, we have seen Dominic in "The Affair" where he continues the theme of a cheating husband, with a much younger woman.  Interesting tidbit discovered while meandering around to find excerpts and tidbits:




Game of Thrones has cast a wealth of actors for season 3, but Dominic West isn’t one of them. What major role did the Wire actor turn down?
Speaking to The Huffington Post, West revealed that he was offered a substantial role, but turned it down because he didn’t know much about the show.
While he couldn’t recall what the character’s name was, he did say that, “it was a lovely part, a good part. I’m going to regret it.”










Kit Harington
It may appear as though I am robbing the cradle.
Let's just put it down to "if I were 20 or 30 years 
younger click bate".




let's file it under:  "if I were You can't claim to be a TV afficionado if you 
haven't watched "Game of Thrones".  Kit's
character "Jon Snow" is high on the list as
the most memorable character.







To be continued ...... 
(Tweet @optioneerJM if you would like to see your favorite "Man with miles" selected.


To be fair, I will work on a blog featuring women
who wear crows feet as a badge of honor and who
continue to make the fellas gasp.






No comments:

Post a Comment